In the increasingly competitive world of Ecommerce, staying in the forefront of the customer’s mind can be a challenge. Although it isn’t easy, expanding brand reach and gaining more understanding about your customers is attainable in 3 phases through the utilization of social sharing tools.
Phase 1: Examine your Target Consumer
- 69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they bought or wanted to buy.
- 70 billion pieces of content are shared via Facebook.
As a business, understanding customer interests and where they are spending their time online is crucial when determining where to focus time and energy marketing online. Social tools like “Social Contests” and “Share & Save” have proven to increase conversion by two times.
Phase 2: Turn Data into Acquisition
- 78% of individuals claim to share the word when they like a company.
- 34% of marketers have generated new leads using Twitter.
- 70% of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by users.
Data derived from a customer’s social network use helps brands understand the unique characteristics of customers. This information opens up the door for deeper engagement and opportunities to obtain new customers. Social tools like “Refer-a-Friend” and “Pin It to Win It” not only increase referral revenue, but they turn existing customers into actual brand ambassadors.
Phase 3: Build Customer Retention
- 70% say that coupons and discounts increase brand loyalty.
- 54% of respondents say they would consider increasing the amount of business they do with a company in return for loyalty rewards.
Mastering the art of retention is the ultimate accomplishment. Brand loyalty programs are the best way to ensure that a customer is not only satisfied, but they also increase potential for lifetime loyalty. Reward customers for their devotion and guarantee to see positive benefits in sales and retention.