Social Media Marketing has set the tone for retailers over the last few years on marketing over the Internet. The launch of new social platforms has given rise to new marketing techniques adopted by brands to attract more customers, however the one thing that all brand have understood that at the end of the day if you want to attract more fans then the content of what you want to say needs to be good. The importance of telling a good and clear story has given a clear hint that Content Marketing will be the key in coming days; Content drives visitors to your website, so it makes sense to blend your content marketing efforts with your social media efforts for a more powerful strategy.
Before we look at how we can combine Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing lets try to understand what they actually stand for.
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media sites, whereas Content Marketing means creating and freely sharing informative content as a means of converting prospects into customers and customers into repeat buyers. If both the techniques are blended properly by brands then it can turn out to be a very good and profitable way of attracting more customers and driving more business. Lets try to see how these two marketing techniques can be used together to build a successful strategy.
- No marketing technique will work if you don’t know who your target audience is and what are their likes and dislikes. Make use of Social Media analysis to understand your audience and start preparing an exhaustive list of topics for your audience based on their content. Find out what others in your area of businesses selling to the same market.
- Once you know what type of audience you have based on your brand decide which Social channels you would like to use to promote your brand. Not every channel may work for you so decide which is the best mode for you to reach to your audience.
- Do content Analysis to find out what is missing in your content before you present it to your audience. Use Social Media analysis to know what the audience is looking for and what they are currently getting from the market.
- Invite experts from your industry to share their story through other content formats such as e Books.
- Once you have shared your content with your audience use email or video to capture feedback and link this to their websites, blogs, and other social media profiles. This helps in driving more traffic to your website from other sources.
- Use Infographics to illustrate your points, try making it attractive and colorful by using different data or by using animations.
- Get content from different sources in your field and advise your readers to check them out by giving those URLS.
- Structure and mange your content in a proper way. Monitor Social Media to understand which content is driving more traffic and eliminate the unwanted part and recycle the content which is giving you results.
At the end of the day what all brands needs to remember is that in today world of high speed its very easy for everyone to connect with each other using various Social platforms. In order for a brand to be successful the key would be going social and sharing the right content across using the right strategies to get the job done