Are you coming across a question “Is Google+ going to be the right move for my business?” often nowadays. If you are then don’t try to avoid the answer to it, if not today then eventually you might have to take a quick call on this one for sure. One thing is for sure Google+ being the brain child of Google can play a big role in the Real Time Marketing World. So if you go to think about it the answer to the above question would be Why not secure your brand as quickly as possible so others don’t do it? The best move is always to be proactive? That’s just one way to look at it, there is much a bigger advantage that Google+ Pages could give your business. So let’s have a look at some reasons that could make a difference for your brand
- There is little doubt that Google will use all its power to make sure that Google+ pages rank higher in searches. The +1 button is now found everywhere in campaigns, advertisements, websites, blogs. This is Google’s way of tracking your brand across the web. So the the more +1 clicks you will get for your brand the higher the chances of your page ranking on Google search.
- Direct Connect feature gives businesses the ability to have their pages found on a Google Search. If someone types a + symbol in front of the your business names and does a search then they will be directly taken to the Google+ Page and they can follow you from there on. So you see why +1 button is getting more and more important.
- Google is combining the idea of recommendation and research with Google+. It has been said people use Social Media to interact with each other and not for business. Google has used the +1 button as a recommendation tool. For example if you are looking for a nice restaurant to have dinner with your family and you happen to see through your friend circles on Google+ a recommendation for a nearby restaurant wouldn’t that prompt you to go over there and try it out ? The basic idea is to combine the Social effect of recommendation by a friend to drive more business.
- Everyone does not like to watch and hear the same news, people have different taste and if you want to be successful you need to cater to each person’s need. This is where Google+ circle comes into place. As a brand you can group your users into different circles and deliver those circles the content they want to see. Some brands have gone to the extent asking their followers which circles they want to be in.
- Google+ Hangout feature provides you a great chance for your brand to have a personal touch something which was not possible recently. This group video chat feature from Google+ if used properly can help you promote a positive reputation for your brand. Brands such as Disney,Macy’s and some others have already started using this to promote their pages.
- Last but certainly not the least is Google+ Ripples the analysis feature by Google+, will help you in going to the root level and finding out what people think of the content that you have passed on.
While these could be the key difference makers according to me as a brand for you to get onto Google+, there are other features also which we should not ignore, think of search, think of Gmail, think of Android, think of Google Reader and just keep on looking. I’m not the first one to say this, it’s clear that whether or not Google+ has a future or not but for sure underestimating the power of Google will be taking a big chance.